Champion Compressor I bought

Fishchips

Active User
Registered
I found this on CL, it came from a shop that closed. two 5 hp three phase motors. Disassembled for storage, it's up to me to reassemble. I offered $450 and we sealed the deal.

100_0554.jpg 100_0557.jpg 100_0560.jpg 100_0561.jpg

Good Grief! What is the size of that tank? And is this going into a home shop or a business?

You've got it looking good though. :thumbzup:

I've seen that type with dual pumps. Did you get both with it?

Yes I did. This just after loading it from the seller storage unit.

Pump#1 Cleaned

100_0553.jpg 100_0566.jpg

Last edited:
Good one, chips. Makes me want to tackle a job I've been dreading. I have an ancient Sears commercial two stage that needs rebuilding. Has a 5hp on it now, but may change to a 10 I have spare at the moment. It's rusty and neglected. Maybe it will be a project I can document, since most of my commercial work I can't go around showing off.

Good score
Is it a 3-5-7.5 HP unit

Did you get the mag starters.

If you need any help with it just PM

Andrew
the compressor guy

Looking good. I bet you're anxious to test run it. I know I would be.

Hey Andrew, you have any resources that can help me identify an old Sears Commercial pump? The online sources don't show the correct manufacturer for the prefix number, I suppose because of the age. Or perhaps if I put up some pics?

Good score
Is it a 3-5-7.5 HP unit

Did you get the mag starters.

If you need any help with it just PM

Andrew
the compressor guy

5hp motors, I'm missing the one way valve off the left/right pump? I have (2)the tubing off the head outlets but not sure what's missing. Mag starters how many (2)? A few open holes in the tank I'm not sure about also.

Back