Champion Compressor I bought

Looking good. I bet you're anxious to test run it. I know I would be.

Hey Andrew, you have any resources that can help me identify an old Sears Commercial pump? The online sources don't show the correct manufacturer for the prefix number, I suppose because of the age. Or perhaps if I put up some pics?

Tony

Post up some picture and I should be able to tell what you have.

Andrew

5hp motors, I'm missing the one way valve off the left/right pump? I have (2)the tubing off the head outlets but not sure what's missing. Mag starters how many (2)? A few open holes in the tank I'm not sure about also.

duplex5.jpg

Here is its big brother. 10 hp on a 250 gallon tank.
Look at the pop can setting on the magnetic starter.

You need 2 magnetic starters and 1 alt to swith the lead lag on the pumps.
You can see then in the center of the unit betwene the motors.

As fo the holes in the tank.
Checkvalve in the top of the tank one on each end of the bed plate. these are what the 3/4" discharge tubes connect to.
On the front of the tank you need 2 pressure switches,(one lead and one lag),
pressure gauge, saftety valve, these go into one hole using a pipe tee.

On the front of the tank midway down would be the bucket high drain, these are most likly on the left.

On the ends of the tank would be some 2" pipe bungs these are for the discharge from the tank to the plant.

on the bottom of the tank is a drain valve.

Andrew
duplex4.jpg
duplexaircompressor24-5-11.jpg

duplex5.jpg

duplex4.jpg

duplex5.jpg

duplex4.jpg

Andrew, thanks for the pics. It looks like I have (4) mag starters. This compressor had a twin and I have the control parts from it also.

I wired up the compressor today, it runs just fine. I'm missing the belts on the second pump.

Airman do you think this had an after cooler? I need to sort out the lines from the discharge to the check valve.

100_0572.jpg 100_0573.jpg

Back