Change gear lever on a logan 200 lathe

Thanks for answering as I assumed it should be but I have learned that is not a good thing to do.Now I need to determine if it is the insert shaft or the housing that's worn. I wish I knew someone local with a working 200 that I could see and hear the troubleshooting would be much easier.For me half of troubleshooting is knowing what things sound like when they are correct! This forum is the next best thing! Thanks again for everyone's input!

If you pull the whole assembly off and look at it, you'll probably find it easy to troubleshoot. If its like every Logan I've had, you just remove 2 screws and it pulls right off.

Thanks for the reply! Is openness grease a brand name or type of grease?

Open gear grease is a type of grease. Open gear greases are used on machinery
with large open gear trains that can't be enclosed in a housing: something like a rock crusher.
A lot of it is sold in pails or drums, but I bought a tube of Jet-Lube OGH.

+1 on what Chuck said. The two screws just below the assembly secure a small plate that engages in a slot.
If the screws are tight. the assembly should not move.

I just went out to my chilly neglected shop to check what mine does.
At that pivot there is no sloppy movement at all.
Looking at the parts diagram, I'm wondering if there is severe wear on shaft #LA-138

1583009097126.png...1583009247992.png

Open gear grease is a type of grease. Open gear greases are used on machinery
with large open gear trains that can't be enclosed in a housing: something like a rock crusher.
A lot of it is sold in pails or drums, but I bought a tube of Jet-Lube OGH.

+1 on what Chuck said. The two screws just below the assembly secure a small plate that engages in a slot.
If the screws are tight. the assembly should not move.
Thanks for clarifying

Back