Resolved Changing someones post by quoting it

Peyton Price 17

Registered
Registered
if you quote someones post or reply you can change what they said. this could cause some confusion.

Every forum/bulletin board I've been on in the past 20+ yrs has had no restrictions on this. It allows one to partially quote a post. Every quoted post has a shortcut that will direct you to the original quoted post so one can see if anyone has actually changed someone's words in the quoted post.

We have never had a problem with this. Do you have an example of this occuring?

Every forum/bulletin board I've been on in the past 20+ yrs has had no restrictions on this. It allows one to partially quote a post. Every quoted post has a shortcut that will direct you to the original quoted post so one can see if anyone has actually changed someone's words in the quoted post.

We have never had a problem with this. Do you have an example of this occuring?
i was just concered about not being able to trace it back if they edited it. thank you

i was just concered about not being able to trace it back if they edited it. thank you

The quoted post, see the little circled up arrow icon, click that & you'll be taken to the post that was quoted. vBulletin & Xenforo are the most popular forum softwares used these days, both have this feature.

And any other member, including the one who was or felt that he/she was misquoted or that the quote was deliberately taken out of context, would only have to click the Report button that appears to all members at or near the bottom of each and every post made on this site and file an appropriate complaint. One of the Moderators could and would typically within a day click on the report, which would automagically take them to the supposed mis-quote, read it, click on the up-arrow and read the original, and take appropriate action.

Back