• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You

• I apologize to anyone who is disappointed with their experience on The Hobby-Machinist.

Anyone who made a donation within the last year who would like a refund, please PM me and I will refund your money.

Again, my apologies.

Nelson

[4]

Cheap easy 109 repair

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

welderr

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
After watching eBay / Craigslist for a while I found good deal on a 109. 21270. It was almost 2 hours away but one of my co-workers lives about 20 minutes away and covered me for the purchase price of $300.00 and picked it up for me. It was complete and seemed to have very little use on it. It came with a box of brand new change gears a face plate 2 drive dogs a 4 jaw chuck a 3 jaw with both sets of jaws and a couple different dead centers. It also came with a cute little Dunlap drill press and a Dunlap motor that has a post that catches hooks that mount to the bench for the motor to pivot on. I took it completely apart and cleaned everything lubed and reassembled it. The spring for the detent ball for the back gear pin lock was mangled and I couldn't find one that would work, I decided to cut a small piece of O-ring to replace the spring and so far so good. I am going to fab up a jackshaft and wire a reversing switch in but I look forward to using it . TJ

T Bredehoft

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Sounds like a winner.

[6]
[5] [7]