Chinese Machine Tools, Weiss YouTube Channel Explains A Lot

Jeff.64

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Factory tour complete with gratuitous female personage shot. Notice the lack of HVAC. Then again, back in the 90's a lot of USA plants did not have HVAC.

Why tapped holes are not perpendicular.
Where chips in electrical enclosure come from.
Plus pipe wrench on an aluminum timing belt pulley and more!

Where the grease spatter in castings come from.
Why TRB's on some machines run hot.

Don't try this at home
I like how he just throws the airgun on the floor then has to pick it up again each time

Hard to fit that much cringe in a couple 10min videos, but they did it.:oops:

Factory tour complete with gratuitous female personage shot. Notice the lack of HVAC. Then again, back in the 90's a lot of USA plants did not have HVAC.

Why tapped holes are not perpendicular.
Where chips in electrical enclosure come from.
Plus pipe wrench on an aluminum timing belt pulley and more!

... Not to mention, using a tap as a center punch!
Where the grease spatter in castings come from.
Why TRB's on some machines run hot.

Reactions: rwm
That's painful to watch.

It amazes me *measuring and marking* for holes is the install method. Not a template, or even drill and tap while being manufactured. Makes me wonder if all the machining on the casting is done by hand.

Nothing would surprise me, re machining by hand. There's a huge labor pool available so they probably take advantage of it. When labor is relatively cheap, there's low incentive to mechanize. Although the first clip shows a fancy factory, it wouldn't surprise me if some of the work is outsourced to individuals. On one of my visits to China I saw individuals working on things (boxes of stuff) out in the street.

Saw welding without eye protection, had to steer my family away from that, due to the open air arc welding. This was out on the street. The welder simply closed his eyes. You wonder why some welds look bad? That's why. Dunno, I'd spend a few bucks on some shade glass. I'd tape it to some cardboard. Better than welding blind.

Pretty cheesy.
What amazes me more is the people who buy at Harbor Freight can't get enough of the products those factories are making.

Back