Christmas Dinner

G

Grumpy Gator

Forum Guest
Register Today
Santa can have all the milk and cookies he wants. The Brute and I are having Roast Beast and he better keep his hands off of it.
How 'bout the rest of you? Any family favorites or regional must-haves in your part of the world?
prime rib 002.JPG
***Merry Christmas***Happy Holidays***G***

I've got the family coming to celebrate today as a matter of fact. We've got both a ham and turkey on the menu. All the usual vegeys plus some sweet potato and carrot with turnip.. And of course Cranberries! LOL..

I'll be off my feet from 12;30 to midnight!

we have friends for dinner and are having potato and watercress soup
Roast duck with raspberries
Roast stuffed belly of pork with Madeira sauce
all the usual vegies
mince pies, candied orange xmas pudding and lashings of brandy sauce.
Then later it will be stilton, crackers and port.
Then 6 weeks diet to get back my sylph like figure:shhh:

Have an awesome Christmas everyone.

Some years back when my mother was still with us and holding the reins on holiday dinners, she decided that Thanksgiving would be the usual turkey and dressing, Easter would be ham, and Christmas would be a pot luck dinner, leaving more time for everyone, including her, to enjoy Christmas rather than being stuck in the kitchen. Everyone brings something different, but Mom always provided a few 'standards' - Chinese salad and a cherry salad that she always made - and we still make sure those dishes are present on the table every year.

I am in charge of all the protein production for Christmas dinner. Doing a Standing rib roast AND a fillet of salmon. Both cooked on the Weber Kettle.
mmmmmmmm

This year, kin folks purchased a ticket and few Mom down, but she is limited on what she can eat so we will go shopping in a few and see what we find. I'm thinking hand cut chops from pork loin, stuffed and baked.

Back