Christmas lights... fighting a losing battle

We could always move this thread over onto the " Todays Joke " thread . It would be most appropriate . :xmaslights:

we stopped real trees many, many years ago. My wife always picked trees with hooked bottoms, or older trees that you couldn't fold up, they had to rope a few. one tree was so bad , but she wouldn't listen, the owner of the tree farm said go take another, she said she wanted that tree, and the guy said, nothing will hold that tree up... eventually she gave in on the idea that her tree picking wasn't working well That was after one tree that went from one side of the room to the other :laughing: honey it's not too big.. yes it is... no it isn't...
or was it the one that I had to tie to the ceiling because of the hook on the bottom that I could not possibly straighten out.. I apparently didn't hit the ceiling joist in the center, I hit it on the edge.. . so it pulled out spectacularly.
Or the time we had the time of our lives 4 wheeling at a tree farm. Scared the crap out of my son, he was young... thought he would enjoy being airborne. That was the tree that was so old, that the branches were so strong, it could not go through the hoop to be wrapped up. At first they took small ropes, but they were having problems , they took approx a 1" rope to do the bottom... it didn't go through the door at home... I had to do some trimming...

Hope you enjoyed our Christmas's past... One of the best things was going to Agway and telling the guy, I would like a base that's going to prevent a divorce. He said right this way sir, I have the perfect base for you... it was gimbled tree standheavy-black-heart_2764.jpg... perfect for the family that couldn't pick a good tree.

I always enjoyed going out an picking the tree, especially with friends, but my idea of a tree, and her idea of a tree didn't come together, I looked at it from a practical point of view.. Straight bottom, will it fit 7 foot so I can put the star on the top, and would it fit width wise.. Barb picked out what her heart wanted..

too much info? I hope you laughed a little, we do when we discuss the past trees these days... you have to learn to laugh at yourselves , and we enjoy a good laugh.

Another day , another adventure . Have to make it thru the next few days and then deal with the tree . :rolleyes:

so for those of you that have strings, vs a fake tree. strings are easier compared to a fake tree. you can't tell what's next in line, there are so many lines on a prewired tree. I have given up on trying to follow it.

With a string of lights I can usually get it. The string on a pre-wired fake tree is a spider web.

We have a real tree as well as the electric tree. We went last Friday. My wife picks out the tree as well as the other greenery. M<y only input is that it has to be 8 ft or less. The owner of the tree farm is a friend of 45 years so I go and find out what's new while the tree selection occurs. My task is to mount it in the stand and bring it into the dining room. After that, I'm done with it.

We are experiencing a cold snap right now with wind chills below zero predicted for tomorrow but with the next warmup, I'll get the outdoor tree up and lit. Then I can sit back.

Forget the wires. Just hang the bulbs on the tree. The bulbs can be incandescent, fluorescent, even burned out. Then just turn on the old Tesla coil. Voila!:grin big:

Doug that might work on a string, but it won't work on the tree for the same reason my sensor doesn't work. The tree shows up as energized. The metal in the branches is getting a flux ... so even if there are no bulbs on a branch it is electrically positive. I'll show you later with a video.

OK , back to these lights ! :grin:

Don't worry, I'm gonna solve the problem in a few minutes. She's going out shortly, I'll stick the tree outside with a free sign on it... problem solved :grin:

Back