Chuck and bearings runout question

The nachi 6203-2NSE9 is the C3 equivalent.
they are suitable for use in electric motors and drill press quills too !

C5 is a higher grade as well as a more expensive bearing

SKF 6203-2RS/C3 are very good bearings too :grin:

C5 is a higher grade as well as a more expensive bearing

I thought C3 and C5 are increasing clearance, not anything to do with quality. ABEC ratings are the quality rating, right?

I thought C3 and C5 are increasing clearance, not anything to do with quality. ABEC ratings are the quality rating, right?

:( my bad, i should have said ABEC5 bearings are more precise and expensive than ABEC3 grade

If you want to make it easy on yourself, try vxb.com (vxb bearings) for your Nachi needs. I've had mixed results buying bearings on eBay, so I prefer to go to a reputable distributor. The prices are similar to fleabay in spirit, and they won't pass off flood-ruined parts as "new old stock"

what about FAG 7205-B-XL-2RS-TVP?

I'm not sure if precision bearings are justified in a drill press, even if they fit. Your call of course. If you can find a double row angular contact bearing to fit in the lower spindle then that would be a win.

Well I got the pulley off, I found a puller that I forgot I had, now I need to get the shaft out, do I use a piece of all thread and push the shaft out the bottom?

It should push out from the bottom. These bearings are usually a slip fit but can bind if cocked in the bore. If you have a small jack, you can put that on the table and put a piece of wood on top of the small jack to push the sleeve out the top.

Back