Clamp type knurling tool

Suzuki4evr

Registered
Registered
Hi guys.

Are these fleabay knurling tools any good or do you recommend another type with the same capacity of 2"?

Thanks
Michael

Eagle Rock K1-44, or Mr. Gray here has a kit so you can make one.

Also @mikey has plans for a straddle knurler. I made it and it came out very well. Search for his project thread. As a beginner, I was amazed at how well it turned out. Very nice knurls. Mounted mine on a plinth, but the design could be adapted to a QCTP with some enginuity. For a ready to go design Doug Gray's looks terrific.

The cheap import ones work ok if you replace the garbage knurl wheels.
The Eagle Rock is great but it has a steep price also.
Joe

I love my Tom’s Techniques knurler. He has the plans for free on his site. It’s a very good worthwhile project.

Attachments

• CEB69D75-6967-4EAD-928D-2622405C62C3.jpeg
    CEB69D75-6967-4EAD-928D-2622405C62C3.jpeg
    450.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 7329D0F7-E25C-471F-B9F4-20B137E75F4D.jpeg
    7329D0F7-E25C-471F-B9F4-20B137E75F4D.jpeg
    402.6 KB · Views: 42
Eagle Rock K1-44, or Mr. Gray here has a kit so you can make one.
Making one was never the issue,I realy like making my own tools and I know I am fully capable to make one. The issue I have is that I will have to make time to make one,which is sort of something I don't have much off. I must weigh up the time to make one vs that time I could have used to make money,because I work from home and time=money. So I assume you get why I asked the question...........I must say it is fun I am missing out on not making one.

Mike, get an Eagle Rock K1-44 knurler. It is cheap for being the industry standard and will save you time and money in the long run. Ask @darkzero about it.

They have a heavy duty pin upgrade also, I think carbide.

I purchased a scissor knurler that was made in India. It works, though the quality is what you’d expect for $50. It will do me until I feel the need to upgrade.

Back