• June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

Clausing 100 mk3a broken part

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Barncat

Swarf
Registered Member
I was giving my new lathe a good cleaning, which turned into a partial disassembly for a thorough cleaning which has turned into a repaint project now. When I took the apron off, I found this. It broke right where the bolt would tighten down to lock it from moving. I can't find a part number for this on the breakdown from clausing. Any ideas on where to find one? Checked eBay already. It looks simple to make, but I don't think I have the right tools to do so. I could try and fix it somehow, but was afraid welding it might warp it. Any ideas? Or anyone know the part number so I can call clausing and see if by some miracle they have one of these laying around? IMG_20180606_162528135.jpg

markba633csi

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
If you draw up the dimensions someone would probably be willing to make it for a small fee- I'm guessing it's mild steel or cast iron? Should be fairly easy to fab out of square stock with a milling machine
Mark

Barncat

Swarf
Registered Member
It is cast iron. I can get some dimensions. It does seem fairly easy to make. Here is a better picture of it. IMG_20180607_062840488.jpg

[6]
[5] [7]