• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Some users may still have issues remaining logged into the forum. Please delete old bookmarks. If you are still having issues, go to the Site Issues forum here and let us know EXACTLY what you clicked on before the login issue arose, so we can try to track it down. We are working on this, and appreciate your patience. Thank you.

[4]

Clean the DRO pickup

January Project of the Month [3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Doodle

The X axis digital readout finally went wacko so I removed the entire X axis track, sensor, and readout. I use lots of oil and it goes everywhere. I don't have covers so failure is expected. I took the sensor apart; removed the bar, everything was contaminated with oil and metal bits. Cleaned with lots of isopropyl alcohol, blew it dry, reassembled. Works great again. Took pictures...
MM_DSCF5181.JPG MM_DSCF5180.JPG MM_DSCF5179.JPG MM_DSCF5175.JPG MM_DSCF5168.JPG MM_DSCF5173.JPG

Ed ke6bnl

that is good to know I am using this type of dro for my lathe. and time is my enemy.

old toolmaker

I have a very similar DRO bar and I have had it for about 6 years with no issues and all of a sudden it started loosing the reference point by .2oo" and sometimes .400".
I don't remeber the EBay seller I bought it from but it does appear to be the same as is listed as "i gaging" brand.
I will try your cleaning method and see if I can recover the use of the system.

Dick

[6]
[5] [7]