Cleaning The Shop

Pictures please...... You know I'm a gear head...And I love old Iron....
**G**

Your wish is my command O Lover of old iron
The Harley was a basket case WLC with a bent frame, I straightened it, added a 10" gooseneck with 12" over springers.
hd2.jpg hd1.jpg hd3.jpg
All work done by me except the forks. I bought those.
The only engine mods were raised compression, flowed the inlets and dialed in an 1.25" S.U. carb (that took ages) along with an oil cooler and spin on oil filter, suicide clutch and jockey shift.
It handled beautifully even with that extended wheelbase and rake.
The Triton had a Triumph Bonneville pre unit engine with e3134 cams, gas flowed heads, twin amal concentrics and iirc 12:1 compression mated to the norton gearbox and clutch in the Norton Featherbed frame and forks
triton.jpg
The fuel tank has oil one side and fuel the other side with the speedo, rec counter, oil gauge, amp meter set in the top which you can just make out .
The side panels hold the oil cooler and hide the oil filter and battery. No disk brakes in those days but a huge twin leading shoe drum.
Again all work done by me and scored a first in a local custom show. Second was a Velocette Venom sporting one of my paint jobs, black with classic gold leaf pin striping (gee I got a big head;))

Sweeeet ...Nice work....If it ain't long its wrong....
*G*

OK just got back from my friends shop that does British bikes.
Here is the rundown on the RC 1313/00 Chronometric tach:
  1. Norton Manx '54-'56
  2. International '54-'59
  3. Velocette Venom clubman '64
  4. Matchless 650,750 Twins '59'-'63
  5. G80cs '59-'63 Thats all I got for now. P.S. Normal Tach is 8,000 RPM. These are for racing *G*

Last edited by a moderator:
Back