Cleaning up 316 SS plate

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I do not need to polish the pole holders I'm making, but I do not want to return them looking like this. I do not have a media blaster, any other options, wire wheel leaves a streaky finish. DUH

Last edited:
I do not need to polish the pole holders I'm making, but I do not want to return them looking like this. I do not have a media blaster, any other options, wire wheel leaves a streaky finish. DUH
Scotch-Brite. Either manually, or on a wheel. If you have a belt grinder, these.....https://www.redlabelabrasives.com/collections/surface-conditioning-belts

sand it. take a block of wood, put a cork on the bottom, wrap some sandpaper around and quickly sand it. Start with 120. sand in the same direction and it will look brushed.

I hand finished (with a 4" angle grinder) a ton of SS and we always used flap wheels. You can get pretty creative with them with a little practice as far as the finish goes.

I hand finished (with a 4" angle grinder) a ton of SS and we always used flap wheels. You can get pretty creative with them with a little practice as far as the finish goes.
hand finished and grinder isn't that a machine finish?

No. You have total control of the hand grinder.

Back