Close up pictures of the PM-1440GT foot mounts

azonin

Mobilis in mobili
Registered
Could anybody who owns a 1440GT post a few close up pictures of all 6 areas in the base where the feet mount to, please? I'm trying to figure out if I have enough room to use the Footmaster leveling casters with the 90mm x 90mm plates that have 4 holes in a rectangular pattern spaced 70mm.

Also unclear if there are just single 1/2-13 Whitworth threads for each caster, or if there are additional holes for square mount pattern already there as well. Any clarifications would help.

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could anybody who owns a 1440GT post a few close up pictures of all 6 areas in the base where the feet mount to, please?

Here are some pics of a 1440GT with the PM-supplied leveling system.

I also attached a PDF of the base dimensions, including locations of the drilled and tapped holes. The PDF is a scan out of the paper manual prepared by the manufacturer that came with the lathe. I have not verified the dimensions, but can do so if you like.

HTH, Bill

Headstock End from Rear Corner

Headstock End from Rear

Headstock End from Side

Tailstock End from Front Corner

Tailstock End from End

Tailstock End from Rear

Attachments

• 1440GT Stand Layout.pdf
    191.3 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Try 1/2-13 single stem Footmaster casters. I have used them on a bigger lathe (RML 14-40) without problems and plan to do it again on the eventual-to-arrive PM 1440GT.
Ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are some pics of a 1440GT with the PM-supplied leveling system.

I also attached a PDF of the base dimensions, including locations of the drilled and tapped holes. The PDF is a scan out of the paper manual prepared by the manufacturer that came with the lathe. I have not verified the dimensions, but can do so if you like.

HTH, Bill

Headstock End from Rear Corner
View attachment 295578

Headstock End from Rear
View attachment 295579

Headstock End from Side
View attachment 295580

Tailstock End from Front Corner
View attachment 295581

Tailstock End from End
View attachment 295582

Tailstock End from Rear
View attachment 295583

Thank you very much, this is very helpful!

Try 1/2-13 single stem Footmaster casters. I have used them on a bigger lathe (RML 14-40) without problems and plan to do it again on the eventual-to-arrive PM 1440GT.
Ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which series did you use? I have a collection of GDR-80 and GD-100. Could get the 120 or even the 150 versions, but most likely an overkill. The 100 version I have now are plate versions, and the 80 are stem. So before buying more I wanted to use the ones I already have.

I would go with the polyurethane pad, my only concern is that there can be some settling/movement with rubber/plastic pads. Polyurethane pad should be more stable. the 80 series is rated at 1100 lbs per wheel.

I would go with the polyurethane pad, my only concern is that there can be some settling/movement with rubber/plastic pads. Polyurethane pad should be more stable. the 80 series is rated at 1100 lbs per wheel.

I get the PU wheels and pads whenever I can, especially for the heavier loads. The ratings on these casters aren't very scientific. When you visit me in a couple of weeks, I'll demonstrate. I'm leaning towards using the 80 series, as the ones I have right now do have he PU wheels and the built in ratchets. I used 100 series on my Tormach 1100 CNC mill, which is loaded to about 3000lbs, with no issues.

On mine the machine base was threaded 1/2-12 and needed to be chased with a 1/2-13 tap.

Back