Clothing thread(T-shirts)

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I'm pretty much over Hanes Beefy Tees, what brand of T-shirs are you using mostly for the shop? TIA

Duluth, the whole line is made for work. I also like the way through feel I can get dressed in the dark because I’m usually up around 5am and it’s still dark. The “label” is printed on, nothing to cut off and all my tees have pockets which for a while was impossible to find. They just never wear out. They also have different lengths for guys with plumbersbutt.

I used to buy Duluth. Love their stuff. But the T-shirts are crap. they are nice and heavy and seem durable, but the seams fail, and the cloth seems to degrade faster than anything else I've ever worn. I've had K-mart T-shirts last decades, but these? Switched to Carhart now. Much better.

I have worn Hanes for more than sixty years.

I have some T shirts that are fifty years old that I still wear on a regular basis but most of my work-around-the home/shop shirts are about ten years old. When they do wear out, they get relegated to shop rags, For Sunday-go-meeting tees, I have a supply of new or nearly new shirts. They only worn when going out or when we have guests. We have a fair amount of iron in our well water and when they start to go off white, they become work shirts. There is also a drawer full of novelty shirts that might get worn once in a blue moon.

Most of my Duluth are over 20yrs old so I don’t know what the new ones are like. It would be sad but not surprising if they are not as good. I have never had a seam even get close to fail Not even the necks. I have one carhartt tee and while I like it I hate anything with a logo so it doesn’t get much use. When I quit punching a time clock 20yrs ago my daily uni is shorts, tee and boots so my biggest problem is sun fade as my routine starts with the morning dog walk and ends with the afternoon dog walk. So lots of time outside just how I like it.

Another vote for Carharrt. Expensive at first, but in dollars / day as cheap as anything I've found. They also have the 'printed in' labels. And just so you know I'm old - I also like the front pocket...

GsT

Whatever brands JCPenny has on steep discounts with free shipping to the local store. Only black or dark blue.

Back