Clough42 un-crates and sets up PM940M

Pretty straight forward so far, I expect next video to have a bit more meat and where he goes with modifying...who knows? I know he jazzed up my G0602 butt loads!

throwing the accessories into the base seems very unprofessional. Maybe into just me.

Well, if that's the worst of it, not so bad. James seems like a well rounded hobbyist (I really don't know what his profession is, but he appears to be well educated in about most fields) He knows to check his electrical connections inside the machine, so that's huge. I'm gonna guess there is good stuff coming from him on this machine.

I agree 100%, and I am on it Monday Morning. I am disgusted at the way those accessories were put in the base. I think it had a hard ride, but if they were boxed like they are supposed to be, they probably would have arrived just fine. Disgusted is not even close to what I am feeling right now, it looks like someone might be out of a job, fired for Christmas. Its harsh, but I can not believe it was packed like that. Thankfully I talked to him and everything was OK except the clamp kit box, but still no excuse at all for that. Something I work so hard to make things right and someone here does this, it is nothing other than being lazy and I will not tolerate that here.

^^^ is part of why Precision Matthews has such a good rep here.
Excellent customer service!

I sure try. I bet there is steam coming out of my head right now. I am usually pretty easy going here. Tomorrow is going to be a bad day for some.

Man, the whole boxing thing really wasn't a big deal, if the precision chuck was damaged, that would have sucked...you guys would have made it good, but it was fine. Quite honestly the transport seemed like it had a wild ride. You'd think a 1300# shipment would have a bit more delicate of handling. I don't even know how that stand WOULDN'T have been a safe place to put stuff.

Well I didn't end up firing anyone, but definitely had some talks with people and made a written procedure stating how to package things. I don't know why it was needed, but I guess it was, so this problem should be handled. They know it better be handled.
If something happens to anyone's shipment, please let us know right away, I did not even hear from that customer about it, I only found out when someone alerted me to the video. Everything ended up being OK, but still I need to know things so I can correct them.

Well I didn't end up firing anyone, but definitely had some talks with people and made a written procedure stating how to package things. I don't know why it was needed, but I guess it was, so this problem should be handled. They know it better be handled.
If something happens to anyone's shipment, please let us know right away, I did not even hear from that customer about it, I only found out when someone alerted me to the video. Everything ended up being OK, but still I need to know things so I can correct them.

Wow. Thank you for chiming in QMT.
Now, do I keep looking at the LeBlond or buy a new PM? Hmmmm. Decisions. LOL

Back