Collet storage

Very nice! What kind/size lathe is it?

Regards,
Terry

Beautiful job! You made it look factory.

Regards
When I bought the lathe, it came with no back to it. I made one out of the same plywood, 5/8 AC. Then I took one of the doors off and had the hardware store match the paint. Used the same paint on the collet storage, it looks nice with the matching paint.

Attachments

• 626EF3B3-5B32-49DD-8029-804BB2E851DD.jpeg
    626EF3B3-5B32-49DD-8029-804BB2E851DD.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 91
"...it looks nice with the matching paint."
Yes, it does! Your hardware store did a great job of matching the paint.

Good job.

Regards

Not exactly tooling, but storage for tooling. With a small shop, every inch counts. I needed a place to store my 5C collets and noticed the space under the lathe was unused... So ordered a set of ball bearing slides from Mcmaster Carr, scrounged up some plywood and came up with a nice storage area for collets.
Excellent idea! I have a small shop too, so I understand your dilemma. I've only re-organized my shop 10 times LOL ;-)

-Mitch H.

Similar idea due to space limitations, but I put mine on the end cabinet on my 1340GT and subsequently they are on the side of one of my tool cabinets.
5C Collet Racks.jpg

Oh i love that @jwmelvin

Thank you. The prior owner had shelves, which I got with the lathe and cut down to make the cart, so all the holes were there and labeled. It worked out pretty well and the vinyl covers keep everything clean.

Back