Combined Z axis reading

DavidR8

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
Staff member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Hi @ycroosh , I have a PM30 style mill inbound. It has a quill DRO and I'm wondering if it's possible to combine that with a column scale to get a total Z axis movement.
I suspect that I won't be able to do this as the quill DRO is this style and likely has iGaging style output as compared to the glass/mag scale outputs.
No biggie if it can't be easily done. :)
Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 12.40.00 PM.png

Raising this question again.
I have a PM30 style mill but am replacing the factory Z axis DRO with a scale and reader along with a scale on the column. I know the adapter has four inputs. Can the quill DRO input be added to the column input to provide a total for the Z axis?

Raising this question again.
I have a PM30 style mill but am replacing the factory Z axis DRO with a scale and reader along with a scale on the column. I know the adapter has four inputs. Can the quill DRO input be added to the column input to provide a total for the Z axis?
Sorry David, I somehow missed the original message.
All three linear axis readouts can show two summed up inputs. Summing "z" and "w" is very common. A bigger problem in your case is that the quill scale is of the 1.5V capacitive variety, and is not compatible with the glass/magnetic scale adapter.

Regards
Yuriy

Sorry David, I somehow missed the original message.
All three linear axis readouts can show two summed up inputs. Summing "z" and "w" is very common. A bigger problem in your case is that the quill scale is of the 1.5V capacitive variety, and is not compatible with the glass/magnetic scale adapter.

Regards
Yuriy
No worries, I'm replacing the quill DRO with a magnetic scale so the input should be fine for TouchDRO adapter I have.

Hahah, the other details, scale and how you mounted it. :)

I have the stl file for the 3D printed part.

I have the stl file for the 3D printed part.
Too bad that forum is for "Local Canadians" :( There is a lot of good stuff there...

Back