Combined Z axis reading

Oh, that's very clever mounting. I would have never thought of doing that. Bonus plus for retaining the original too.

So, do I have to move to Canada to get the .stl file :) lol.

Oh, that's very clever mounting. I would have never thought of doing that. Bonus plus for retaining the original too.

So, do I have to move to Canada to get the .stl file :) lol.
Check your PMs

I ended up cutting/grinding down a short iGaging Absolute scale (capacitive, so not the best, but adequate for me) and it fits very well in place of the PM-30MV's original quill scale. I did have to redrill and tap holes in my priest tools quill stop mount for the slightly larger igaging mount, but it was a pretty simple and straight forward operation. It was the easiest scale to mount. ;)

I did this about 12 or 18 months ago and always meant to clean up the gaps in the panel around the gauge housing, but never got around to it, mostly because nothing gets in there and It's been that way for so long that I'm used to it now.

Z axis summing with TouchDRO was pretty simple to setup and works well enough for my needs.

**After looking at the other seemingly much cleaner mount, I may get inspired to fire up my 3d printer and fix the gaps/print a cover for the front panel...................maybe...............lot's of things on the list to do first though.

Attachments

• PXL_20240212_205241832.jpg
    PXL_20240212_205241832.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 46
  • PXL_20240212_205549489.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240212_205549489.MP.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 38
  • PXL_20240212_205552032.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240212_205552032.MP.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I ended up cutting/grinding down a short iGaging Absolute scale (capacitive, so not the best, but adequate for me) and it fits very well in place of the PM-30MV's original quill scale. I did have to redrill and tap holes in my priest tools quill stop mount for the slightly larger igaging mount, but it was a pretty simple and straight forward operation. It was the easiest scale to mount. ;)

I did this about 12 or 18 months ago and always meant to clean up the gaps in the panel around the gauge housing, but never got around to it, mostly because nothing gets in there and It's been that way for so long that I'm used to it now.

Z axis summing with TouchDRO was pretty simple to setup and works well enough for my needs.

**After looking at the other seemingly much cleaner mount, I may get inspired to fire up my 3d printer and fix the gaps/print a cover for the front panel...................maybe...............lot's of things on the list to do first though.
Gaps? What gaps?
My mill has been like this for 2 years.

20240212_233215.jpg

Whatever gets in there falls out right away - problem solved :cool:

Back