Compressor - a nugget !

I got it hucked up and connected today and did some "programming" to set it to MINIMUM performance - a little too simple and confusing a method I think :thinking::thinking:

It had just a 3/4" hose on the output and I held it in my hand and turned it on :)):)):))

Wav, what a sound ... like an F-16 with afterburner on full throttle ! :nuts::nuts:

My ears was nearly hurting so I turned it off after 5-10 seconds. :whiteflag:

Now I'll try to mount so pistol so I can shut off the air and see what the compressor will do - hopefully it will power down pretty fast or else I have to press the emergency stop :nono::nono:

To be fair, that is a screw compressor, and is designed to run continuously, with the built-in unloader allowing a "cut-off" point. You should also have a receiver tank to run into, as a reservoir. That way it won't have to cycle the unloader virtually all the time. It's not good for the pump to run unloaded more than it runs loaded. It has an oil circulating in the system along with the air, and it doesn't get proper lube when it is unloaded. The maintenance indicator may simply mean that the oil separator needs to be serviced. Essentially, it's a filter element that needs changing. Some of these compressors require a serial connection to a PC to reset the service minder.

You did good though, I will say. You just need a big air tank to go with it.

The maintenance indicator may simply mean that the oil separator needs to be serviced. Essentially, it's a filter element that needs changing. Some of these compressors require a serial connection to a PC to reset the service minder.

You did good though, I will say. You just need a big air tank to go with it.

The reset of the service I can do from the small "programming window" - I just haven't found the parameter yet :thinking:

Some say I should have a tank others say no, because the pipes can substitute the tank - I think I'll just do with the pipes

- I have no space for a tank :))

The reset of the service I can do from the small "programming window" - I just haven't found the parameter yet :thinking:

Some say I should have a tank others say no, because the pipes can substitute the tank - I think I'll just do with the pipes

- I have no space for a tank :))

While you should use a properly designed pipework system to feed air around your workshop rather than just a hose, it's unlikely you'll succeed in matching the volume of a suitable sized tank unless you're using exceptionally large diameter pipe or your workshop is huge.

Screw or scroll compressors are usually designed for continous operation and the only workshop process I can think of that would properly exercise that compressor would be a blast room used for sand, bead or soda blasting cars or trucks.

To use it just for running air tools would be expensive in electricity and will be bad for the compressor.

M

>> 7HC

OK - then I'll HAVE to reconsider the tank solution :whiteflag:

Back