Concrete Coating under these, "total loss" systems?

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
Hi gang,
Before I bring in my machines I should probably coat the floor under the lathe, mill, grinder.....
What are you using or what do you suggest.
Thanks,
Jeff

Wow, cheap too.
Colorless, seals out moisture (oil too I assume?)

Never heard of this stuff. Our house is a slab and the floor in my office is untreated and have been wanting to seal the floor. This sounds like what I've been looking for. Two things though. How long does it take to dry? Is it slippery with enough coats to fully seal the floor?

Had to look up what is water glass in this case. It had rang a bell I remember the use for sand casting molds. When I did my garage I used a rustoleum epoxy coating in a ship grey color then used a silica sand in a clear for better traction. I would say I don't like sweeping with the textured floor, but without it you'd be on your butt when wet.

Never heard of this stuff. Our house is a slab and the floor in my office is untreated and have been wanting to seal the floor. This sounds like what I've been looking for. Two things though. How long does it take to dry? Is it slippery with enough coats to fully seal the floor?

It dries quickly and turns to rock as the water in it evaporates. I'm not sure how slippery it would be
but I do know it is an excellent sealant for concrete. It is sometimes used to prevent radon from
escaping through basement floors. Also, it is added in liquid form to leaking engines with cracked blocks
or leaking radiators to seal them up. It's also an ingredient in retort cement which is used to hold the rope on
wood stove doors or to seal up air leaks in wood stoves plus many other industrial uses.

We originally painted the floor with a pure latex made for floors. It was super easy and came out good but took weeks to cure all the way even though it was dry to the touch in hours. It also was not slippery. But I would like to find something that would quickly seal the floor and doesn't take so long to completely cure. I would think if it's not put on coat after coat it would still have the "bite" of the original cement surface.

Whoa! Waterglass!

I hadda go look that one up. Pretty interesting reading. Learned all about flocculants, cullet, removal of fats and oils and the long term preservation of eggs!

This has been a highly edifying morning here on the old group.. Kinda reminds me of the R.C.M usenet group back in the 90’s…

;-)

MetaKey

Back