Resolved Cookie problem

Aaron_W

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
I keep getting a message that I need to allow the site to use cookies. It does this for things ranging from clicking on the notification bell, trying to add a link or attach a photo and sometimes just trying to post (I have tried to post this several times. Closing my browser and reopening seems to make a difference.

When it first happened I went into my setting and added hobby machinists to my list of sites specifically allowed to use cookies. That appeared to take care of the issue, until the next time I came to the site.

Nothing changed on my end when this started, and now I get it off and on despite the site being on my list of unrestricted cookies.

Chrome as a browser, just started around 3pm PST on the afternoon of 6/17 (today)

Morning Aaron,

Have you cleared your browser cache? Usually this is the first step to resolving the cookie issue - it prompts your browser to upload an updated cookie.

Adding H-M to your allowed list of sites is smart. That is usually the second step recommended for resolving cookie issues. You may need to go backwards and start over as indicated above.

Back in the day, I was a religious Chrome user. I stopped using Chrome when a lot of their unsavory practices were revealed several years ago. I've moved on to Firefox and wish I had done it sooner. Far fewer problems as you are describing them.

Bryan

Upvote 0
Yes cleared cookies as a first step.

Seems to be working fine today, I find opening a ticket seems to solve most problems. Like taking you car to the mechanic, and the problem refuses to surface in their presence. ;)

I've tried to use Firefox several times. Can't put my finger on it, but don't like it.

Upvote 0
How is everything working here guys? Can we close this one?

Upvote 0
It has not re-occurred for me since I posted the issue.

Upvote 0
Have had this happen every 3-4 weeks(lasts few days to a week) for a year, maybe more. When trying to log in via bookmarked login page, click login, get message, click x to get rid of it. Accept cookies, which then disappears, try login again, get message again.
Click x to remove, no accept cookies button, can't go any further.
But, if I do a Google search and the site comes up, I can login no problem.

Upvote 0
Back