Resolved Cookie problem

Aaron_W

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
I keep getting a message that I need to allow the site to use cookies. It does this for things ranging from clicking on the notification bell, trying to add a link or attach a photo and sometimes just trying to post (I have tried to post this several times. Closing my browser and reopening seems to make a difference.

When it first happened I went into my setting and added hobby machinists to my list of sites specifically allowed to use cookies. That appeared to take care of the issue, until the next time I came to the site.

Nothing changed on my end when this started, and now I get it off and on despite the site being on my list of unrestricted cookies.

Chrome as a browser, just started around 3pm PST on the afternoon of 6/17 (today)

Have had this happen every 3-4 weeks(lasts few days to a week) for a year, maybe more. When trying to log in via bookmarked login page, click login, get message, click x to get rid of it. Accept cookies, which then disappears, try login again, get message again.
Click x to remove, no accept cookies button, can't go any further.
But, if I do a Google search and the site comes up, I can login no problem.

Remove your bookmark and/or clear your internet history and cache. Cookies need to be refreshed periodically. The reason a Google search works is because your new cookies being created are conflicting with the old ones from previous visits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Remove your bookmark and/or clear your internet history and cache. Cookies need to be refreshed periodically. The reason a Google search works is because your new cookies being created are conflicting with the old ones from previous visits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cleared history, solved.
Cheers...

Upvote 0
Back