Copper Rods

That’s in great condition! This was my lathe when I first got it, looks horrible but the ways and spindle are great
I love these little Hardinge lathes. Have you gotten to give it some love yet?

I’m working on making it perfect, I have removed all of the paint and filler since it clogs sandpaper really quick and new bondo won’t stick to it and I have 60% of the bondo ready to paint with 20% left to put on, slow work but it should look great, and some proof of it being dead nuts but it can’t compete with a 10EE

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0837.MOV
    7.3 MB
I lucked into this one cheap. It’s very complete and original. Even has the factory guard and backsplash.
39E80DD3-25AF-4D49-82ED-3F1F42C0D547.jpeg
I’m working on making it perfect, I have removed all of the paint and filler since it clogs sandpaper really quick and new bondo won’t stick to it and I have 60% of the bondo ready to paint with 20% left to put on, slow work but it should look great, and some proof of it being dead nuts but it can’t compete with a 10EE
Sweet. It will look fantastic when you get done. Well worth the effort.

That is a beauty. If I had the space I would have a second op lathe like that. What is that dovetail thingy mounted over the spindle?

That is a beauty. If I had the space I would have a second op lathe like that. What is that dovetail thingy mounted over the spindle?
Yep. Vertical cut off. Fantastic. This is a holder off an HC mounted to a DV slide Works great had to do a little surgery to get them matched up BA75AE64-059B-4294-BDBD-5C72B4009596.jpeg

Back