Cracked Drill Press Pulley Repair

Rick_B

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
I'm looking for a motor pulley for a Delta 17" drill press (Part DP-645). I found this on ebay
1689590554773.png

You can see it has a chunk broken out of the rim on the top step. Do you think this would be a serious operational issue - in other words, would the belt function correctly with that missing piece? Also - is this repairable?
Looks like the ebay link doesn't work - maybe not allowed here? Picture instead
Thanks
Rick

Last edited:
Hey Rick . Can you post some sizes on that pulley ? Bore size possibly ? I have a Delta motor with a pulley that looks like that . I'm scrapping the motor but will yank the pulley off before hand .

See below - DP-645 (1311) slo speed motor pulley - appreciate you taking a look. What's wrong with the motor?
Rick
1689595264835.png

Looks close . Nothing wrong with the motor . I have to run out for a couple hours and will check this ! :)

Looks like the one you need . I had quite a few Deltas and Buffalo drill presses that I restored YEARS ago . Of course , I just buried this motor in the back of the garage last week . :rolleyes: .750 bore , measures about 6" on the largest pulley .

Attachments

• IMG_9822.JPG
    IMG_9822.JPG
    294.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9823.JPG
    IMG_9823.JPG
    294.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9824.JPG
    IMG_9824.JPG
    268 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9825.JPG
    IMG_9825.JPG
    341 KB · Views: 16
From the chart above you can see that the high speed and slo speed motor pulleys are pretty close. I'm not sure what would happen if the spindle and motor pulleys were mismatched? likely just a small difference in speed range and a difference in belts. Any chance you can verify if about 6" is 6 or 6-1/2? I apologize for asking you to do this. In any event what would you want for the pulley? I'm actually going to be up your way at the end of the month - travelling from Winston Salem NC to Springfield, Pa - looks like we would be going pretty close to you? If we can work something out I might be interested in the motor too.

Rick

The OD of the pulley is 6 1/4" so definetely not a 6 1/2" .

We went up there to Swarthmore for 7 years for my daughters basketball with McDaniel . She played and then coached . Same league . You'll be going by on I 95 if you're going that way .

So while mmcmdl and I are sorting through his pulley - anyone have thoughts on the pulley I showed in the first post - specifically would it function successfully and/or can it be repaired?
Thanks
Rick

Back