Craftsman Metal Lathe - $350 (West sacramento, CA)

MrWhoopee

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member

1576564282164.png

That seems like a diamond in the rough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some interior designer is going to buy it for the legs and toss the machine. :(

For comparison purposes have a look at this.
1952 Craftsman Atlas built 12 inch. Owner is asking $1200. Located in McMinnville OR
From the seller "The bed is precision ground far better than the factory did. The saddles were also ground where they fit the bed whereas Atlas only gang mill cut these surfaces. Also has new spindle bearings."
12 in Craftsman.jpg

Dang, it's about a mile from my house and I have $350 in my wallet. Don't want it, don't need it, don't have room for it, but sure hard to pass up.

Dang, it's about a mile from my house and I have $350 in my wallet. Don't want it, don't need it, don't have room for it, but sure hard to pass up.

That is where I was last week when I saw one for $300 in Santa Rosa. I sure was glad when the ad was gone by the next morning. :grin:

For comparison purposes have a look at this.
1952 Craftsman Atlas built 12 inch. Owner is asking $1200. Located in McMinnville OR
From the seller "The bed is precision ground far better than the factory did. The saddles were also ground where they fit the bed whereas Atlas only gang mill cut these surfaces. Also has new spindle bearings."
View attachment 308078
And look to the left of the specimen, there's a cover and maybe a motor mount for another SB or Logan.

The seller also has a 6” Craftsman that he uncrated.
It’s is quite literally brand new.
51db8e8eda035970778190521bcc4c81.jpg

That is where I was last week when I saw one for $300 in Santa Rosa. I sure was glad when the ad was gone by the next morning. :grin:

Want to get it and ship it to me?
:)

Back