Craigslist Ads

4GSR

Forum Guest
Register Today
For those of you that have not notice, we accidently zapped all of the Craigslist ads by mistake.

We were trying to weed out all of the old ones and wound up eliminating all of them.
We not going to try to bring back any of them. We ask going forward to limit two or three ads at a time in a given 8 hour period. And if you can, please post the link instead of the ad number. I know those on tablets, this is almost impossible and that's okay. And most of us, when time will allow, post the link to the number to help out.

Thanks,
Ken

Might it be possible to turn off the 'notifier' setting so that it doesn't populate the 'Latest Posts' area?
Then if one wants to or desires to they know where to find the CL section.
Then set an 'Aged' parameter for that sub-forum and let the system weed/purge them out.
Seems a shame to impose limits. I personally enjoy seeing what's going on in the rest of the country and
especially with SB's collating I've learned a couple of things looking at those listings that he's taken the time to post.
Back during the cold spell I was trying to work out an App for the tablets that would create the data for a post from the CL listing, then the Member would just have to create a post here and 'paste' it. Didn't get it to a release stage yet. and it's for Android and not Apple devices.

Might it be possible to turn off the 'notifier' setting so that it doesn't populate the 'Latest Posts' area?
Then if one wants to or desires to they know where to find the CL section.
Then set an 'Aged' parameter for that sub-forum and let the system weed/purge them out..

Here is what I do.
If I don't want the adds to show in the "New Posts" search I immediately go the "Craig's List" section and "Mark it Read".
Now, No more Craig's Lists posts show in the search lists.

Seems a shame to impose limits. I personally enjoy seeing what's going on in the rest of the country and especially with SB's collating I've learned a couple of things looking at those listings that he's taken the time to post.
Back during the cold spell I was trying to work out an App for the tablets that would create the data for a post from the CL listing, then the Member would just have to create a post here and 'paste' it. Didn't get it to a release stage yet. and it's for Android and not Apple devices.

I completely agree with you Dan.

It's ok ill not post them . If anyone wants me to search for an item I will then they alone can look at it. For the future ill keep pictures and interesting adds for myself. Just was trying to help save old machines .

Back