Craigslist central michigan

erparis

Registered
Registered
No knowledge of the machinery. Sounds like may be a decent deal.
COMPLETE SHOP MACHINERY FOR SALE - $5500 (Saranac)
Selling all machinery with collets and tooling.

*#18 Buffalo step pulley drill press. Adjustable head height and swivel table with Heinrich 8 1/2" vise. Works great.

*Brown & Sharpe #2A power feed horizontal milling machine with swivel base vise, collets and tooling. Has automatic coolant/oil. Works and runs great.

*Bridgeport Step Pulley Vertical Mill with Mitutoyo digital readout. 9"x32" table, vise, collets and 1/2" tie down set. Works and runs great.

*Reid manual/hand dry surface grinder with 6"x"18 magnetic chuck. Runs great.

*16" South Bend lathe. 4 1/2' bed. Runs great.

*Also included is a Clark gas powered hilo.

SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY PLEASE.

$5500 for everything he has listed in a great deal if the equipment is in reasonably good condition.

Since it's fairly close to you, I'd take a road trip once the blizzard subsides.

If the stuff is as good as the add claims then it's a great deal.

Considering MI seems to have an unlimited supply of good used equipment, that doesn't seem like a super deal to me. Hard to say without seeing the machines but if you break it down, the only really desirable piece is the bridgeport. The south bend might be a great lathe, but it's too big for a lot of home machinists and wouldn't command a high price. Horizontal mills aren't in real big demand. The drill press would probably be a nice machine, but realistically it isn't going to be real pricey either. Maybe I'm just spoiled but I wouldn't pay near that much for the lot. If those happen to be that exact machines you have been searching for then I guess that's different. Just my .02.

Chuck

Oops, I forgot the Reid. I had one that was in beautiful condition that I just about had to give away. Used manual SGs don't bring much in my area.

Last edited:
Well, I live in MI and traveled to Northern WI to buy a lathe and Southern OH to buy a mill. While MI has a lot of machine tools, buying any of it for a reasonable price doesn't happen very often. Machine tool dealers get first shot unless it's an individual with a small shop, which seems to be the case in the CL ad.

A shop in Jackson put a similar Reid SG out front last summer with a $3000 price tag. It sold. There's several used Bridgeport mills around here for sale now and none of them have a price tag less than $2900. South Bend lathes don't really appeal to me, especially WWII surplus but others find them very useful.

If I were home I would snatch it up even at asking price and sell some of it and recoup my money and even make some money

Back