Crashed the lathe when threading!!

I think itsnthe revers. If you move the table toward you and work from behind it. Or tool on the left work on the right. Either way. Not optimal
oops, nope, still spins it off. you have to cut in reverse.
This was cut with the endmill in front of the work, I moved it to the back for a clear picture. Forward rotation pulls the work up trying to rotate the chuck CW

IMG_8123.jpeg

that's not what I was talking about. I'm talking about using it like a rotary table where the chuck is over the top.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. if you try to use it like a horizontal rotary, it spins the chuck off unless you cut in reverse. so you need an endmill that is counter clockwise.

that's not what I was talking about. I'm talking about using it like a rotary table where the chuck is over the top.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. if you try to use it like a horizontal rotary, it spins the chuck off unless you cut in reverse. so you need an endmill that is counter clockwise.
Yes, it would want to unscrew. I have super glued the spindle threads in the past, we were coping angled slots in tubing. Acetone to dissolve the glue when we were finished.

Back