Crewline 2 ton Floor Jack piston seal

OTmachine

Registered
Registered
Thought that I would share this. My 30? year old aluminum floor jack started leaking fluid from the ram. Thought about trashing it and buying another, but it has been a pretty good and easy to move around. It has dual pumps and seal kits are not available from what I see online. Took it apart to see where the problem is. Found a different style of piston seal than I am accustomed to, an o-ring energized plastic seal held in place by a snap ring on the non-pressurized side. Looks simple and good! The plastic lip seal is scarfed in a few places, probably been that way since new, and the o-ring is hard and deformed. Usually, I will make a seal groove to accept a round cross-section rubber energizing o-ring under a square cross-section teflon o-ring when updating these types of seals. Looks like I am going to make a new o-ring energized teflon seal of the same type instead of trying to find one to fit or modifying to accommodate the groove type of seal or a u-cup type seal. Attached are some pics of the end of the piston with snap ring removed and one with the existing seal removed.

Attachments

• IMG_3649.jpeg
    IMG_3649.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3650.jpeg
    IMG_3650.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 14
Back