Crosman 1377 sight block

Thanks for the compliments, it is so much nicer shooting with the peep sight.

I have been debating on starting with a hand pump to keep costs low to start, don’t want to eat into my machining budget too much, but I know I will get tired of that quickly and probably get a compressor anyways. BUT, my wife got the last credit card bill and flipped when she saw it, there were a lot of expenses this month, a very small percentage hobby related, but she quickly focused on those anyways, so I might start slowly and wait a little bit before getting the compressor and PCP since the starlings are gone for a few months, the HW95 can easily handle the house sparrows since they come in closer to the house and it has very good accuracy up to about 30 yards.

I’ve heard good things about the Air Venturi Avenger, I was also thinking of a Benjamin Fortitude since that would get me going for significantly less than an Akela. Decision, decisions lol

The Benjamin Discovery is a nice rifle, particularly if you're going to hand-pump - it has a small-ish reservoir and a max pressure of 2000psi, so it doesn't take as long to pump up with a hand pump. A better barrel band is an easy thing to make, and "TKO22" makes a good suppressor for it.

GsT

I was thinking about the Discovery a number of years ago, but having to add a moderator made it quite long. If I can find one used, I might give that a try, but I haven’t seen any for sale recently.

Back