• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Some users may still have issues remaining logged into the forum. Please delete old bookmarks. If you are still having issues, go to the Site Issues forum here and let us know EXACTLY what you clicked on before the login issue arose, so we can try to track it down. We are working on this, and appreciate your patience. Thank you.

[4]

CXA or BXA QCTP for 13-18" lathe

January Project of the Month [3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

skeeks03

Iron
Registered Member
Hello all, I am in the slow process of tooling up a new lathe on a budget while trying to purchase quality tools... conundrum, i know. Anyway, I'm looking to purchase either a quality (Aloris, Dorian etc wedge type) BXA or CXA quick change tool post for a 13-18" lathe on a budget. My lathe is a Romi 13-5.

If interested I have a Dorian SD25 (wedge type axa sized) something or another. It works 100%, but the front side of the tool post is real right when sliding a holder on. That said, it still locks very securely and holders will go on. The "left" side is 100% good to go. I could trade or sell this. If I get another tool post I will be selling the Dorian AXA eventually regardless.

Please PM offers. Yes, I've checked Ebay and will be following up on a couple I've seen there.

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Got a sweet set of CXAs for sale . I have over 2K invested in them and was going to put them on Ebay Wednesday night . If you are interested , I would come up with a price for everything depending on your budget . Dave .

Silverbullet

Ca is what's needed on that size lathe , but the bxa does say up to 15 . Toss up you pick , buy the forty position and fool all of them

mmcmdl

BXA is too small for that size lathe . A CXA or a CA post is whats needed although the CA is stretching the limits of the 13" swing , thus the CXA ! I've got a CXA set , 2 CA sets and a DA set . We have him covered on whatever he would want ! :encourage: I guess if he could tell us the swin of the lathe it would determine what exactly would be best . 13" a BXA . 15" I'de go with the CXA , 18" the CA , but hit's his choice .

Last edited:

4gsr

HM Shop Superintendent
Staff member
H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
CXA should fit the bill. I have one on my 15" Sheldon lathe and it is just right. BXA would work on it too. It might be a little light in my opinion.

bfd

my 16 in lathe uses cxa bill

[6]
[5] [7]