D.r.o

junk iron

Registered
Registered
I bought this used mill a while back and it has dro ,don't have any paperwork on dro,it works and I use it to zero and then move ever how many thousandth,today I was wondering what all it would help me do if I knew how to use the other features?

charlies land 015.JPG charlies land 017.JPG

Very old unit. Best bet is to call or email Mitutoyo and ask for a pdf version of the manual. They should have it.

I did a few Google search to see if I could find it for you, but no luck... Call them.

Most of the functionality and general operation should be very similar to their current product line and the manuals are availabe here: www.mitutoyo.com/literature/
Look at the PDF called "Linear Scale DRO Systems".

M-123SB Mitutoyo PL Series 164 PL-Counter Lineal Scale Install Operations Manual  _  004.jpg

Email Mitutoyo at Tech.Support@mitutoyo.com.

Request a pdf copy of the manual. Give them all the information off the tag on the back of the unit. Be sure to include your complete company name, location and daytime phone number. They require this information before they can provide assistance.

I don't know about that one but many DRO's will store tool dimensions and offsets, calculate bolt circles and linear hole patterns, angles derived from absolute positions and so on. The tool feature is only useful if one is studious about keeping the tools labeled and cataloged otherwise it will bite you in the a$$ down the road. The ability to set a o position with the touch of a button is priceless, the scales are also independent from the lead screws so any lash is rendered meaningless.

For the most part you will simply find the 0X, 0Y, 0Z position of the work piece, (or the actual diameter on a lathe X axis, this is what the Radius/Diameter toggle is for) and move from there. Be aware that most have Absolute Position and Incremental Position modes.

Back