Darsin DSL-1340GH parts

DuWayne

Registered
Registered
My brother-in-law bought a 1988 Darsin DSL-1340GH lathe and it is missing the worm gear in the apron. We have looked hi and lo for a gear with no success.
Does anyone have any info on where to find parts or does anyone have any prints of the worm gear. He bought a parts manual, but I think it is generic for models, 1330,
1340, 1430, & 1440. I have looked at many different manuals for the Warco, Enco, and others and I am not sure which gear is the right one. They are all different.
The shaft is a step shaft with a .551 dia. x .875 length with a hole in the end with a washer and nut. The worm is 1.259 od with a 6tpi. I know it is all metric, which I hate, but thats another story. Can anyone help please?

Have you checked Grizzly? They have a G0776 13x40 with a fairly legible parts list
-Mark

Last edited:
Since I don't know what the part looks like, I don't know if they will be the same!

So you have the worm but not the gear that engages it. Yes, I see the problem
Well, you could try a Grizzly gear anyhow, and if it doesn't fit your worm then perhaps buy the Grizzly worm also and massage them to fit your apron
Worst case the feed speeds might be different but at least it would be functional again
Just a thought
-Mark

I've had fairly good luck just buying the part Grizzly has that might work. Usually the price is low enough that if it doesn't work out I'm not too disappointed.

Having made a few custom parts I know how much goes into it and am willing to take a chance, most of this stuff comes from the same factory, or at least from the same basic design in China anyway....

John

Not a lot of options here I'm afraid unless you can find an off the shelf gear that could be made to fit- especially challenging if it's metric
I've often wished I could cut worm gears but it takes specialized equipment/tooling = $$
-M
Take a look at catalogs from Boston gear and Martin gear- maybe something there could be adapted

Not a lot of options here I'm afraid unless you can find an off the shelf gear that could be made to fit- especially challenging if it's metric
I've often wished I could cut worm gears but it takes specialized equipment/tooling = $$
-M
Take a look at catalogs from Boston gear and Martin gear- maybe something there could be adapted
Thanks, I will take a look.

So you have the worm but not the gear that engages it. Yes, I see the problem
Well, you could try a Grizzly gear anyhow, and if it doesn't fit your worm then perhaps buy the Grizzly worm also and massage them to fit your apron
Worst case the feed speeds might be different but at least it would be functional again
Just a thought
-Mark
I will check that option out as well. That might just work. Thanks for your reply's!

If you decide to go the Grizzly route, make certain you order the correct part(s). I wasn't sure which one is the correct one from looking at the G0776 exploded view but I don't have an apron here in front of me. By comparing the surrounding pieces it should be possible to zero in on the part(s) in question
-M

Back