Darsin DSL-1340GH request

Did you resolve the issues with your Darsin lathe? I know its been a while, but I only recently joined this forum and have read the post. If you still need info, I have a Darsin DL 1237G lathe which I bought new and I have the documentation which came with it. My lathe still looks and operates like new. I recently installed 2 axis dro and I am learning to enjoy using it. Interestingly enough, this lathe is setup to thread sae or metric with the quick change gears. Looking at the photos, my lathe appears to very similar to yours, even gear tooth count, if memory serves me well.

Did you resolve the issues with your Darsin lathe? I know its been a while, but I only recently joined this forum and have read the post. If you still need info, I have a Darsin DL 1237G lathe which I bought new and I have the documentation which came with it. My lathe still looks and operates like new. I recently installed 2 axis dro and I am learning to enjoy using it. Interestingly enough, this lathe is setup to thread sae or metric with the quick change gears. Looking at the photos, my lathe appears to very similar to yours, even gear tooth count, if memory serves me well.

Does it look the same as mine? if so I would love to have a copy of the documentation you have. I have none. :)

There is a NOS set on eBay.
DSL-1340GH Metric.jpg

DSL-1340GH Imperial.jpg

Hello this is my first post to this forum and of course I am looking for help ;-)

Several months back I acquired a Taiwanese made lathe manufactured in 1990. Since then I have been rebuilding/repairing it to the point it is now fully functional. It was quite the task as the man who had bought it at an auction moved it shall we say poorly and it fell over on its front. I don’t think I would ever take one on like this again as the damage was much greater than I thought when I acquired it. However, all that’s been fixed now and the lathe is running fine.

The lathe was manufactured by a company called Darsin (The tag reads, DS Darsin, Dar Sin Machinery Works) and was sold under various names such as Darsin, Hipomack, Edison, etc. The model of this lathe is DSL-1340GH.

I am looking for a picture of the Metric Treading chart as mine is destroyed and I would like to engrave a new one. I have noticed that this lathe has some variation depending on the year it was made. Mine had the 127 tooth large center gear. I am also on the hunt for a copy of the manual but that is not a necessity.

I am going to attach a picture as it was when I picked it up.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

View attachment 266776
I have posted scans of most of the owner manual. I will try to attach photo of my lathe.
20200526_194126.jpg

@Biker Guy

I just wanted to say......Welcome to the group!

Also, it is great of you to jump in and help with that manual.

Nice looking lathe.
-brino

Hello this is my first post to this forum and of course I am looking for help ;-)

Several months back I acquired a Taiwanese made lathe manufactured in 1990. Since then I have been rebuilding/repairing it to the point it is now fully functional. It was quite the task as the man who had bought it at an auction moved it shall we say poorly and it fell over on its front. I don’t think I would ever take one on like this again as the damage was much greater than I thought when I acquired it. However, all that’s been fixed now and the lathe is running fine.

The lathe was manufactured by a company called Darsin (The tag reads, DS Darsin, Dar Sin Machinery Works) and was sold under various names such as Darsin, Hipomack, Edison, etc. The model of this lathe is DSL-1340GH.

I am looking for a picture of the Metric Treading chart as mine is destroyed and I would like to engrave a new one. I have noticed that this lathe has some variation depending on the year it was made. Mine had the 127 tooth large center gear. I am also on the hunt for a copy of the manual but that is not a necessity.

I am going to attach a picture as it was when I picked it up.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

View attachment 266776
I know this post is pretty old but i was wondering if you were ever able to round up an owners manual for this lathe.
I recenty aquired a similar lathe. almost identical except it is labled edison 1340gh. I am looking for information on the on the electrical control plannel on the back of the lathe. im pretty sure the so called electrician that last did work on the lathe tried to replace a contactor and miss wired some things. consequently blowing up the transformer. If you still have this lathe i would be greatful if you could send me a picture of the electrical componants and wireing in the back.
thanks in advance
les

Can I get a picture of the parts manual for the apron worm and worm gear. I need number of teeth, part # and any other data if it has it.
My brother-in-law has a Darsin DSL1340GH and we have a generic manual. Your build year is 1989-3, his is 1988-12. The gears should be the same. When he bought his the worm gear was missing. Trying to find a replacement.
Thanks DuWayne

Can I get a picture of the parts manual for the apron worm and worm gear. I need number of teeth, part # and any other data if it has it.
My brother-in-law has a Darsin DSL1340GH and we have a generic manual. Your build year is 1989-3, his is 1988-12. The gears should be the same. When he bought his the worm gear was missing. Trying to find a replacement.
Thanks DuWayne

Sorry it has been so long to reply. If you still need it , here are photos of the manual.
Hope this helps. Walter

Attachments

• Cover.jpeg
    Cover.jpeg
    252 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0113.jpeg
    IMG_0113.jpeg
    352.5 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0114.jpeg
    IMG_0114.jpeg
    342.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0115.jpeg