DC Tredmill motor HELP!

jster1963, I sent you a PM. Don't hesitate to ask what you need to know...
Chuck

just the info ive been searching for, now im ready to go
thanks

These guys have helped me greatly! I have my motor mounted and my controller (mc-60) is on the way. The other options were a little too costly for me. I'll let everyone know when I'm up and running......

HEEEEELLLLLLP!!! I got my MC60 controller today and hooked it up. I connected a 10k pot, AC in, and tested DC out. DC out is zero. With the pot connected, the red lights (2 of them) turn bright and dim, but no DC voltage out. Am I missing something? The guy I bought it from says he doesn't know how to do anything but connect them to treadmills. I'm not sure it's working correctly.

Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong. Thank you........

If you have it hooked up correctly, there will be no output untill the pot is turned to zero and back up. Like the speed control ont the mini-lathes, a safety feature. Also, I used a 5k pot on my setup. I can take a picture of my setup if you need it. I have 2 connected up at the moment.

Chuck

If you have it hooked up correctly, there will be no output untill the pot is turned to zero and back up. Like the speed control ont the mini-lathes, a safety feature. Also, I used a 5k pot on my setup. I can take a picture of my setup if you need it. I have 2 connected up at the moment.

Chuck

Thank you Chuck! I think I have it hooked up correctly. Here is a photo. The pot has the center connector connected to the top one on the board. I didn't connect the motor, because I used my multimeter to test the voltage. It still reads .02vDC even going from 0 and back up. I'm at a loss........

DSC_0369.JPG

The wiper of the pot goes to the terminal labled W, which on mine is the middle terminal. I will plug up my spare and take some measurements for you.
One thing to check is the solder connections and leads of the big white power resistor. It may have been overheated in it's previous life.

I have uploaded pictures of my MC-60's here"

http://s571.photobucket.com/albums/ss157/chucketn/MC-60 motor controller/

Chuck

edited to correct spelling

Just a little off topic, but would one of these power a one hp motor? Ebay item, looks to good to be true.

Item number: 160938437797 Sorry, can't seem to create a link.

The seller has a lot of interesting stuff for sale, but between their Chinglish and my stupidity, I don't really understand much.

Bill

Just a little off topic, but would one of these power a one hp motor? Ebay item, looks to good to be true.

Item number: 160938437797 Sorry, can't seem to create a link.

The seller has a lot of interesting stuff for sale, but between their Chinglish and my stupidity, I don't really understand much.

Bill
hi bill
I would have to know the amperage of your motor and voltage to say for sure.
this unit has to be powered by 6v to 90v dc it will not work on ac input (110) so you would have to have a dc power supply for it, then it controls the output speed. at 1000 watts it would control most 1hp dc motors
steve

Back