"Debbie" first run

KevinM

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
I just finished my "Debbie" 2-stroke engine and ran it for the first time. It runs on straight gas or Coleman camp fuel. No oil in fuel, one bearing and one bronze pivot take a drop of oil and has no crankcase (which is unusual for a 2 stroke). Cylinder and piston made from DuraBar G2. Designed by Jan Ridder.

View attachment IMG_3505.MOV

View attachment IMG_3506 2.MOV

That’s awesome. Thanks for posting.

That Debbie really knows how to move.
She's like some kind of machine!

All kidding aside.....beautiful work!

-brino

nice work..

How does it lube the piston and bore? Is it a lapped fit piston, or does it have rings?
Does it have a needle valve to adjust the speed? I assume that's the brass tank that you wanted to glue the glass to. How'd it come out?

again, nice work.

nice work..

How does it lube the piston and bore? Is it a lapped fit piston, or does it have rings?
Does it have a needle valve to adjust the speed? I assume that's the brass tank that you wanted to glue the glass to. How'd it come out?

again, nice work.
No cylinder lubrication. DuraBar G2 has graphite impregnated in it. The only lube used is for one bronze bushing and a bearing used for the piston rod. No ring, lapped piston. It uses a Jan Ridder designed molecular vapor carburetor with mixture adjustment but I have not installed a throttle yet. The CA worked fine for mounting the glass to the tank. Fuel won't stay in the tank for long so I think that the CA will be fine.

Edit: graphite not graphic

Last edited:
I am curious as to how the spark ignition was made to happen ?

I am curious as to how the spark ignition was made to happen ?
It uses a home-brew ignition system (inside wood base), including the spark plug. It uses 1 AA battery for power. A reed switch is triggered by a magnet imbedded into the disk beside the flywheel. 2-strokes fire on every revolution.

Back