Delivery transport gripe!

graham-xrf

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
A worldwide, well known firm with the purple and orange logo.
An invoice for VAT and import charges that has already been paid (but the statement keeps coming)!
A website that does not work for me. Unresponsive, nobody types back. Also apparently deliberately contrived to bury the phone/email contact.
The phone never answers for me. One goes through the options, and will end up listening to some irritating relentless jangle with a drum - forever.
I have come to believe it is that way permanently, so caller will give up, or the cordless phone battery dies!
I do not expect to devote hours of my life to finding out.

The "email" contact is not an email address, it is a form, which will always have "something went wrong" because it has required fields that may not exist. A Import duty/VAT does not have a "tracking number", and the receiver might not have "an account".
It has been my experience that everything about communication with this outfit is utterly risible.

One might as well attempt to talk to a fish!
FedExLogo.jpeg

Last edited:
Automated services are the worst, If you want to reach something that survives on oxygen instead of electrons this is what I do.
It works 90% of the time.

1. press 0(operator) only . do not press any other numbers when prompted.
2. Say the word operator when prompted.

This may take 5 or 6 prompts from the automated service but I usually get a person that is not interested in doing their job.

This worked for me last time I was infuriated with Fed Ex... I went to google maps and looked up the distro facility in my area. The listing had a phone number for that building that was local, not an 800 number. I called it and got an answer from a person who wasn't quite expecting a customer to be calling... but she not only addressed my questions, she took care of it and I got what I was after, because my delivery was in-house at their facility at that point and in the realm of their control. In other words, I found a back door. I was probably lucky, but maybe it's worth a try?

This worked for me last time I was infuriated with Fed Ex... I went to google maps and looked up the distro facility in my area. The listing had a phone number for that building that was local, not an 800 number. I called it and got an answer from a person who wasn't quite expecting a customer to be calling... but she not only addressed my questions, she took care of it and I got what I was after, because my delivery was in-house at their facility at that point and in the realm of their control. In other words, I found a back door. I was probably lucky, but maybe it's worth a try?
I do understand why they try to automate everything, and anticipate most answers. It cuts down on having to employ responders. Companies do this to a fault, and I expect some will be perfectly aware of the reduction in service, and the frustration and anger, but they adopt it as the business model anyway.

I am also assailed with bogus scam delivery notifications supposedly from Post Office depots saying they have a parcel they could not deliver, for need of a small amount like £1.74 or something like that. The method of getting it paid involves clicking on a link (on the phone) to a web page, which looks real, but is not, and a form and a procedure designed to elicit all the sorts of detail and profile combinations information to allow the scammer to go shopping. No web page needs to know my date of birth, nor any other banking information. I NEVER respond to messages with links on a phone. If there is a text, the most it should do is to visit the official web site separately - or I get a proper letter.

I had felt a little wary about outright identifying the company in my little rant, but I was careful. All I did was describe my own experience!

When dealing with one particularly terrible phone tree (the voice navigation type, not the number-based type), I found that swearing a bunch actually connected me to a person ASAP, while saying "operator" did nothing. It's kind of a last resort, but it's worked for me.

That worked for us once...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back