• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

Delta Drill Press

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

pineyfolks

Active User
I'll say homemade as I see no way to adjust the front belt. Most of the ones I've seen are on an arm that allows tension between front and back.

westsailpat

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member

francist

Active User
I like that idea, using the top of the column to mount the intermediate pulley. Been waffling over how to put a third pulley on my own drill press but never thought of that.

As for adjustment of the front belt, wonder if the intermediate pulley axle might be in an eccentric bushing in the column? That might give some adjustment to the front belt length, then bring the back one up to suit. Just a thought.

-frank

westsailpat

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
That's what I was thinking (eccentric) , Frank . I also saw a set up where they had a idler roller to press on the out side of the belt .

Eddyde

Staff member
H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
[6]
[5] [7]