Descale your espresso machines regularly!

Ohhhh but you are missing on the hints of chocolate, caramel, and … :grin big: :grin big:

I tried all those light roast… not for me… stuck with medium roasts… love the espresso beans from Caffe Lusso… Grand Miscela Carmo and Lionshare

My nicer grinder is a Kafatek Monolith Conical
Yeah, like me then...

...apart from the fact that you spent 5x on your grinder than I did on mine!:eek::grin:

Looks fantastic mate, I'd love something of that quality. It's aesthetically pleasing to me for some reason, in a way that the other grinders like it aren't. Not sure my clumsy palate would benefit but if I had the money (after I'd finished my machine tool buying spree) I'd have one. ;)

Yeah, like me then...

...apart from the fact that you spent 5x on your grinder than I did on mine!:eek::grin:

Looks fantastic mate, I'd love something of that quality. It's aesthetically pleasing to me for some reason, in a way that the other grinders like it aren't. Not sure my clumsy palate would benefit but if I had the money (after I'd finished my machine tool buying spree) I'd have one. ;)
I did say that it was a waste of money… had I known then what I know now kind of situation…

It's jealousy; I wish I could have come up with a dad-joke pun like that.:grin::)
Oh, how about this- do you know the difference between a teacup and a peacup?
A teacup is what the English drink out of, and a peacup is what Puerto Ricans drive!

fozzy-fozzie-bear.gif

I've used both citric acid and vinegar in the past and they work well for drip style machines but I have a vague and not entirely scientific feeling that the Puly descaler tends to do a better job with espresso machines, maybe because there are more nooks and crannies for scale to build in an espresso machine, I dunno. ;)

I've now set a monthly reminder to descale and a yearly reminder to buy descaler! :grin:
For an espresso machine, and given the amount of cost and work involved here Id just use distilled water and do away with the rest.

Back