Designers!

Around the rim and onto a fixed object.
Just like any other bike with spokes

Cheers Phil

The designer is the one who should be chained up!

I think there would be severe rigidity problems with spokeless rims that skinny and drive rollers so far above the ground.

I think there would be severe rigidity problems with spokeless rims that skinny and drive rollers so far above the ground.

I think the designer overlooked something, if it had been design with 2 fold out outriggers kids would have a portable diving board when they go to there favorit swimming hole.....:thinking:

"Designers" don't concern themselves with trivial technical problems. It's only how elegant it looks that matters.

The steering post looks badly designed. I think it will cause severe oversteer hanging out front of the pivot like that.

Dave

There have been so many attempts to redesign the bicycle, where are they now? As someone has said on gizmodo, the bicycle is the way it is because of the sound engineering principles that have been applied to it over the years. Given a pothole, or even a slight bump, I can see this very rapidly turning into a tarmac faceplant machine! Anyone remember the hydraulic bicycle (embarrisingly designed by a British university http://www.hobby-machinist.com/images/icons/icon11.png) No, neither do I! It isn't real till we have a video of someone riding it on anything less than a billiard table smooth surface.
Phil
UK.

There have been so many attempts to redesign the bicycle, where are they now?
Phil
UK.

Well, recumbents and semi-recumbents are not uncommon, but they aren't fashionable because they are not allowed in international racing.

They are uncommon in the UK, we have one locally, but the guy who rides it is as mad as a sack full of badgers, they're not unique............... and if they were any great amount better, everyone would ride them. like this example, they're just different, and this is just another example of design meaning "appearance" rather than the following of sound engineering principles to make something better than the bikes we already have, it will dissapear without A trace in about a fortnight (quaint English phrase meaning two weeks)
Phil.
UK.

Back