Diamond in the rough?

This one looks in pretty good shape. If the price is right, you might want to pick it up. Is there a 4 jaw anywhere?

Bet that would clean up real nice.

The seller is asking $1250. I'm waiting to find out about the 4-jaw.
The catalog number indicates 10K. The 3 1/2 ft bed fits in my space requirements.

Could those be scraping marks on the ways?

Looks like it to me. The important part is hidden under the saddle. You'll have to move it to see if there is a ridge on the ways to indicate excessive wear but from what I can see, this lathe is in really nice shape.

Yes. You can see the biggest wear area right underneath the chuck to the carriage, and it is full of flaking. This looks like it was owned by a hobbiest from day 1. No industrial life for this diamond!

I’m waiting for the seller to contact me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just spoke to the seller.
He's a tech teacher and he bought the lathe from a retired fellow. It's seen very little use. Three jaw chuck and jaws, a face plate., drill chuck, live center, tool holders are about the extent of the tooling.
He's going to shoot some more photos for me including the serial number.

See, my thinking is you look and look just to prepare yourself for the moment. When you see something that meets your requirements, you can’t ask for more pictures, do some web research, etc. You make an offer at what price makes sense to you. If it’s turned down, you move on, with no regrets. If it’s accepted, you still have an opportunity to see in person that the lathe is as advertised...be fair though, no going back on a deal because of cold feet, only if it has been misrepresented.

Otherwise, you will lose out over and over.

Back