DID I GET SHORTED?

riversidedan

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Orderd "what I thought" to be a set of inserts for a shell mill and to my surprise only one came:confused: is it true you can use only one insert in a 3 insert shell mill holder or did the seller make a mistake???

Orderd "what I thought" to be a set of inserts for a shell mill and to my surprise only one came:confused: is it true you can use only one insert in a 3 insert shell mill holder or did the seller make a mistake???
You definitely got shorted. You can use this as an opportunity to choose quality inserts.

Yes you can. It becomes an inserted fly cutter. Not the way the cutter was intended to be used though. What did the listing state?

so I tried 1 of those inserts that I got shorted in a shell mill on a .750 piece of 6061 and got a "blinding mirro finish, Id post a pic but it wouldnt show being the finish is too shiny and would look white, wonder what it would look like on a bigger piece......try that later today

Last edited:
Have you revisited your order and brought the issue to the attention of the supplier?

Back