Did some crafting on the mill today, working on the Chevelle

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I needed to adjust the opening to the tunnel ram for a larger throttle body. It took a couple of tries, and theories, but I got the manifold locked down, and trammed to .0005-.001 over 18" with the DTI. I am not machinist by any means, but being able to do it with the machine, to me is better than a jig saw. Best part I didn't screw anything up, cleaning everything after was a pain. The throttle brackets had to be profiled for the linkage, and I still have my 1/2" clearance to the hood. That took most of the day, there are only a few shops with machines, and it's a crap shoot when you would get it back.....

0209181628_zpse6r8kbmp.jpg

0209181636_zpshhz9bryt.jpg

0209181653_zpswjuasp1f.jpg

0210181108_HDR_zps2bxrbtnc.jpg

0210181212_zpsbcuyyj35.jpg

0210181412_zps9erpqopd.jpg

0210181413_zpsnjtc5xit.jpg

So what year model is the Chevelle, Motor looks nice.

Isn't it the best feeling when it all comes together? And you made it look good too!

Some real nice welds on the intake. Not really a piece you want to screw up on. Nicely done. Mike

Thank you guys, I only hacked on the intake, that is a custom bought piece. I could only dream of being able to weld like that, the man has talent. If it can't go fast it has to look good, it's a 1970 Chevelle with a short deck, Dart block 572 CI by Mike Lewis.

If it can't go fast it has to look good, it's a 1970 Chevelle with a short deck, Dart block 572 CI by Mike Lewis.
Aukai, I think you have both bases covered! Nice work

You have that car on Kauai? If so it shouldn't take you long to get anywhere!

That is why I'm claustrophobic I can drive in one direction for 1 hour, reach the end of the road, then turn around and go back. I'm kinda in the middle, so Left, or right, same story. My excitement is cruising, and going to the 1/4 mile track.

If you want it done right......................... & you did! Looks nice. I too cannot claim to be a machinist - just a hobby. I can claim to be a Muscle Car loving Hot Rodder though. Mixing the 2 together is where it will be for me some day.

I've been to Kauai - among the most beautiful places in the world.

Back