Dies for Whitney No 6 hand punch

Alcap

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
A friend was cleaning out his in-laws house and gave me a Whitney #6 hand punch with just one die in it . I found on line many replacement dies for their different models but not the #6 . Any thoughts? Here’s a picture I found of to to show.

Attachments

• E5DEA366-F11F-4A16-A885-C94757492958.jpeg
    E5DEA366-F11F-4A16-A885-C94757492958.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 39
What is the thread size for the die and the diameter for the punch? I have a #7 punch not listed on the Roper Whitney site, but I can still get the punches and dies by matching my particulars.

I’ll have to try freeing the dies up . This was sitting in a shed for a long time

yesterday morning I was looking at my two #8 punches mounted on 3' 2x10s, I got at an auction last fall. one is a roper/whitney and the other one is a whitney-both are max 1/4" buy 1/4" iron. they each have dies, but only one has the punch. I was looking on prices on extra die sets but found out they are not cheap. I know I have a couple more large handle punches but will have to locate them. I was just suprised when I read your post. we were probably doing the same thing at the same time but many miles apart. :abnornal:
Dave

I’m not even sure how often I’ll use the punch but that didn’t stop me from buying a P.K No XX hand punch at a flea market over the weekend lol At least it has the punch and dies

Attachments

• ED1DA36F-5971-4445-8541-0A37BB039C9E.jpeg
    ED1DA36F-5971-4445-8541-0A37BB039C9E.jpeg
    290.2 KB · Views: 28
Making dies sounds like a nice project ! Did you have a thread on making them ?

The punch and die came out easier then I thought , comparing to what you posted above it looks like the punches are the same but my dies use smaller threads ,I measured.556 18tpi 9/16”? The punch was marked 7/32 0201 WAW

Making dies sounds like a nice project ! Did you have a thread on making them ?

I asked admin for a folder so I could post some projects, but I guess that I don't know the secret handshake or something.

The punch and die came out easier then I thought , comparing to what you posted above it looks like the punches are the same but my dies use smaller threads ,I measured.556 18tpi 9/16”? The punch was marked 7/32 0201 WAW

Depending on your model of punch, different sized threads were used. I don't see a 9/16" or close thread size, but that doesn't mean that they didn't make it at one time. Even so, it shouldn't be too difficult to make your own - you have all the dimensions that you need from the P&D pair that you pulled out of your punch.

Secret Handshake ;)

Back