Disassembly Question about HCT Hardinge Chucker Dovetail

vtcnc

Admin
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Evening,

I'm looking to frankenstein a cnc lathe out of some robust lathe parts. I can get my hands on an HCT headstock and bed casting. Upon inspection, it appears that the 7/8" thick dovetail bed ways are bolted to the bed casting. The dovetail bed appears to pass through the headstock, which also appears to be clamped to the way.

Questions:

1) Is the following true? Is the dovetail bed way, bolted to the bed casting?
2) Is the following true? Is the headstock clamped and secured to the dovetail bed way?

Thanks everyone for taking the time to answer.

Bryan

dont know about that model but on my dv 59 the ways are the same casting as the rest of it no bolts on the bed.

Woohoo! Congrats on getting your dv59 Braeden!

Well, I found out the hands on way.

The dovetail bed on the HC chuckers are bolted to the bed casting. The headstock does clamp to the dovetail bed by way of what appears to be 5/8" grub screws on the head stock. The dovetail bed doesn't pass all the way through the headstock. It stops short about three inches so as to allow for the drive belt to pass into the headstock and engage the spindle pulley.

Woohoo! Congrats on getting your dv59 Braeden!

Well, I found out the hands on way.

The dovetail bed on the HC chuckers are bolted to the bed casting. The headstock does clamp to the dovetail bed by way of what appears to be 5/8" grub screws on the head stock. The dovetail bed doesn't pass all the way through the headstock. It stops short about three inches so as to allow for the drive belt to pass into the headstock and engage the spindle pulley.
I am planing on making mine cnc but it needs a good restoration the cross slide ways are scored the three different layers of paint are peeling off so not in good shape but i need a winter project!

Back