Do-All Bandsaw Accessory - Tool Gloat

bcall2043

Active User
Registered
What are the odds?
Yesterday morning I went to Murfreesboro and spent a little time with Charley at his shop. On the way home stopped at a little crossroads community flea market. Don't normally go there anymore since it has become a little Mexico type market with lots of CD's, household surplus stuff and import junk. While walking through one of the booths something sticking out a little in a pile of junk rang a bell. With the help of the attendant we dug it out and I asked the price, $2. I paid the asking price and left.

What was it?
A few weeks ago I purchased a Do-All vertical bandsaw that is now a project on the back burner. I have started to research, check-out, collect material, and parts to get it functional. As part of the research I had downloaded the operator manual for the saw which included a chapter on accessories. One of those accessories I had read about was what had set the bell off in my head. The thing in the junk was a illuminated magnifier like the one in the manual.

It seems to be all there except for the c-clamp needed to clamp it to the blade post. That c-clamp part looks easy to duplicate.

It would not be a gloat without photos so I have included a clip from the Do-All manual and a photo of the tool find.

Don't you just love flea markets?

Benny

Do-All Illuminated Magnifier.jpg Illuminated Magnifier.jpg

:thumbzup:GREAT ACCESSORY! I have one on my Grob 4v-18 it's perfect for contour cutting small projects.

Do you play the lottery?

Charley,
Good point. I am going out right now and purchase some lottery tickets. Hope the lucky streak is more than one day long.

:thumbzup:GREAT ACCESSORY! I have one on my Grob 4v-18 it's perfect for contour cutting small projects.

pineyfolks,
I think the tool god may just look out for those of us afflicted with the old iron illness. No other way to explain some of the finds we experience. In this case the timing is good as vision is one of those things that does not improve with age!

Benny

Benny, it's quite obvious that your karma is right, looks like a great find. Pretty rarified air to make a find like that. On another note, didn't know if you or Charley had seen my post on the "show us your milling machine" post directly above. I was a little embarassed, as the pics are older, and it's the pics of when I brought it home. It does show the vise (which is Kurt btw) but not the rotary table that came with it.
Bob

Benny, I was @ this same flea market about 4 or 5 years ago & found some long scraper type things with some nice handles. I held them in my hands trying to figure out what they were & The Mexican gentleman didn't speak English . I knew I should have bought them but I didn't . It was some time after that I read an article on scraping ways that I realized what I had been holding. If my memory is correct I could have bought them for about a buck a piece. I went back to that flea market some time later hoping that the same guy was there. NO LUCK. All I could find was baby chickens, Elvis blankets, normal flea market stuff from china & lots of Mexican music playing.
Great find on the magnifier!!!!

Phil.

........................... All I could find was baby chickens, Elvis blankets, normal flea market stuff from china & lots of Mexican music playing............

Phil.

I may have to start going there more often. I did not go over where the animals were. With the heat Saturday the smell was more than strong.

Benny

Last edited:
Back