Do these electronic shades come apart?

I found this, a Lincoln Viking 1840, which seems to be comparable/a little bit better than what I had. https://store.cyberweld.com/lincoln-viking-1840-welding-helmet-k3023-4.html I doubt my LWS will beat this price, but, I think it's important to at least check out what they have. Maybe they have a close out on some other lids. Downside is it doesn't seem to have any solar charging.

STOP!

Do not try to clean it.

Contact the battery company.

Most of the name brands have warranties regarding leakage.

They repair or replace.

Keep the batteries.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

STOP!

Do not try to clean it.

Contact the battery company.

Most of the name brands have warranties regarding leakage.

They repair or replace.

Keep the batteries.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Duracell batteries. Just visited their site. Conspicuously absent were any mentions of warranty, or anything about leakage damage.
Perhaps it is still worth a try to contact them. I do remember that many battery companies used to have some sort of program for leakage issues. If Duracell has such a program, it's no longer obvious. There's no mention of it on their FAQ page.

But I found a package of Duracell 9V batteries where it does say they will repair or replace (at their option) if any device should be damaged by a battery defect. As far as I know, this cartridge size is unique.

I still have the batteries. Honestly, I don't know if the unit is damaged yet, because I don't have any batteries to try... All the ones I have are dead.

All that said, it's probably time to replace the lid...

Back