Do you leave your TouchDRO on 24/7

When do you leave your TouchDRO adapter plugged in?

• Total voters
Is this a good time to wait to buy a board? Any big changes?
Well, it's always a good time to buy a board ;)
There will be a new option some time in October/November. It will be a step up from the current pre-built version, but the price will be higher too.
Basically there will be three options:
The new board (name TBD) - support for TTL and RS422 scales, support for reference marks with supported scales, power loss position retention, and full support for USB or BlueTooth communications. Will be sold as a fully built unit (pre-wired connectors, fully assembled enclosure). Price TBD. Will need Plus version for some functionality (Plus version will be included for free as a bundle).

Current board (no functional changes) - sold as a kit with fully assembled board and enclosure kit . Compared to above, you loose support for reference marks, USB communications and no position retention on power loss (and you will need to screw it together). Plus version of the app will [probably] be included as a bundle.

DIY kit - compared to above it's slower, supports only TTLs scale, and you need to solder it yourself. The kit will be back in stock in a couple of weeks (I'm waiting for the new PCBs). Plus version not included.

Hope this helps
Yuriy

Well, it's always a good time to buy a board ;)
There will be a new option some time in October/November. It will be a step up from the current pre-built version, but the price will be higher too.
Basically there will be three options:
The new board (name TBD) - support for TTL and RS422 scales, support for reference marks with supported scales, power loss position retention, and full support for USB or BlueTooth communications. Will be sold as a fully built unit (pre-wired connectors, fully assembled enclosure). Price TBD. Will need Plus version for some functionality (Plus version will be included for free as a bundle).

Current board (no functional changes) - sold as a kit with fully assembled board and enclosure kit . Compared to above, you loose support for reference marks, USB communications and no position retention on power loss (and you will need to screw it together). Plus version of the app will [probably] be included as a bundle.

DIY kit - compared to above it's slower, supports only TTLs scale, and you need to solder it yourself. The kit will be back in stock in a couple of weeks (I'm waiting for the new PCBs). Plus version not included.

Hope this helps
Yuriy
To confirm, the "current board (no functional changes)" option includes an iGaging version of TDRO? Other than (possible) Plus version of the software this is what I purchased for my Mini-Mill two years ago.

I only ask since I am raping up mu plans for adding iGaging scales to my Mini-Lathe, and the October-ish date would probably work since once I get the mechanical details worked out I will probably work out any issues using the iGaging readouts.

Thanks!

To confirm, the "current board (no functional changes)" option includes an iGaging version of TDRO? Other than (possible) Plus version of the software this is what I purchased for my Mini-Mill two years ago.

I only ask since I am raping up mu plans for adding iGaging scales to my Mini-Lathe, and the October-ish date would probably work since once I get the mechanical details worked out I will probably work out any issues using the iGaging readouts.

Thanks!

I'm not making any changes to the iGaging board, but there is better than average chance that once I sell this batch, I won't be ordering more.
(In 2022 iGaging boards accounted for about 20% of all sales. This year it's less than 10%).

Regards
Yuriy

I'm not making any changes to the iGaging board, but there is better than average chance that once I sell this batch, I won't be ordering more.
(In 2022 iGaging boards accounted for about 20% of all sales. This year it's less than 10%).

Regards
Yuriy
Guess I better get my order in!

Back